Views: 45779 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-05-11 Origin: Site
Mechanical seal is a kind of precision device, its sealing effect and service life not only depend on the design, manufacture and correct selection, but also depend on the installation, cleaning and operation conditions of the seal to a large extent. Monitoring and maintenance is a good way to solve pump seal problems and improve pump seal efficiency.
A failing mechanical seal often leads to wasting money. First, companies end up losing a lot of revenue because of the halt in the production and replacement of the damaged machines. Next, there is also a loss of revenue caused by the downtime of repairing the machine as well as replacing the seal. Moreover, leaking requires the pump to be changed because the internal surfaces may have been damaged due to the presence of moisture. This means that the pump needs to be rebuilt aside from the seal itself. There is a lot at stake when water pump mechanical seals break down.
To prevent the seals from failing, it is extremely crucial for them to undergo proper maintenance on a regular basis. However, it is also crucial to take note that improper mechanical seal maintenance can also lead to failure of the seal. Mechanical seal maintenance often involves removing parts and improper re-installation of the parts can cause them to not be aligned properly thus leading to too much train during the shaft movement. Moreover, mishandling of the seal and using the wrong lubricant during the maintenance can also result to the seal failure. It is therefore important that proper maintenance should be observed so that further damage will not be inflicted upon the double mechanical seals.
(1) Comprehensively check whether the mechanical seal, accessory device and pipeline installation are complete and meet the technical requirements.
(2) Perform a static pressure test before the mechanical seal is started to check whether there is a leak in the mechanical seal. If there are many leaks, the cause should be investigated and eliminated. If it still does not work, it should be removed for inspection and reinstalled.
(3) Turn the pump to check whether it is light and even. If the turning gear is hard or immovable, check whether the assembly size is wrong and whether the installation is reasonable.
(1) Keep the sealing chamber full of liquid before starting. When transporting the solidified medium, the sealing chamber shall be heated by steam to melt the medium. Before start-up, the gear must be turned to prevent the soft ring from breaking due to sudden start-up.
(2) For the mechanical seal using the oil sealing system outside the pump, the oil sealing system shall be started first. Stop the oil sealing system at last after shutdown.
(3) After the hot oil pump is stopped, the cooling water of the oil sealing cavity and the end face seal cannot be stopped immediately. The cooling water can only be stopped when the oil temperature at the end face seal drops below 80℃, so as to avoid damaging the sealing parts.
(1) If there is slight leakage after the pump is started, it shall be observed for a period of time. If the leakage does not decrease after 4 hours of continuous operation, the pump shall be stopped for inspection.
(2) During the operation of the pump, the phenomenon of evacuation shall be avoided to avoid dry friction of the sealing surface and damage of the seal.
(3) Check the sealing condition frequently. In operation, when the leakage exceeds the standard, the heavy oil is not more than 5 drops / min, and the light oil is not more than 10 drops / min. If there is still no improvement trend within 2 days, the pump should be stopped to check the sealing device.
Mechanical seal itself is a kind of precision parts with high requirements, which has high requirements for design, machining and assembly quality. In the use of mechanical seal, we should analyze the various factors of using mechanical seal, so that the mechanical seal can be applied to the technical requirements and use medium requirements of various pumps, so as to ensure the long-term and reliable operation of the seal.