Views: 2453 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-06-05 Origin: Site
In the previous article we learned about the classification and development of gaskets, but when we choose the right gasket, do you know how to install it? What are the precautions during installation? This article tells you the answer.
1. The sealing gasket and the sealing surface of the flange should be cleaned, and there should be no defects such as scratches and spots that affect the sealing performance of the connection.
2. The outer diameter of the sealing gasket should be smaller than the outside of the flange sealing surface, and the inner diameter of the sealing gasket should be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the pipeline. The inner edge shall not extend into the container or pipe, so as not to hinder the flow of fluid in the container or pipe.
3. The preload of the gasket should not exceed the design requirements, so as to avoid excessive compression of the gasket and loss of resilience.
4. When pressing the gasket, it is best to use a torque wrench. For large bolts and high-strength bolts, it is best to use hydraulic tighteners. The tightening torque should be calculated according to the given sealing gasket compression, and the hydraulic pressure of the hydraulic tightener should also be determined by calculation.
5. When installing the gasket, tighten the nuts in order. But it should not be screwed once to reach the design value. Generally, it should be circulated at least 2 to 3 times, so that the stress distribution of the gasket is even.
6. For pressure vessels and pipelines with flammable and explosive media, safety tools should be used when replacing the gasket to avoid sparks caused by the tools and flanges or bolts, resulting in fire or explosion accidents.
1. When installing the sealing and winding gasket matching with the protruding flat flange, we should pay attention to ensure that the seal is concentric with the pipeline. Generally, the outer reinforcing ring is contacted with the inner circumferential surface of the bolt to locate, and eccentric installation is not allowed.
2. When installing a metal-coated gasket with a narrow width, a certain thickness of steel plate should be placed on the outside of the gasket , and then the flange should be pressed tightly to prevent the coated filler in the metal gasket from being compressed and the interface of the metal shell (Or lap) expands and damages the metal-covered gasket.
3. When the working temperature of the flange is higher than 200 ℃, sealant should be coated between the sealing surface of the flange and the sealing gasket to prevent the sealing gasket and the sealing surface of the flange from sintering at high temperature, which is added for maintenance and replacement of the sealing gasket trouble.
4. When the sealing surface is uneven, you can apply sealant on the sealing surface before installing the sealing gasket. The liquid sealant of the corresponding type and brand can be selected according to the conditions of the sealing medium, working temperature and medium pressure.
Have you learned how to install gaskets? If you have any questions, please contact us in time.